I can’t remember how we title these lists. We did it one way for #32list, but then #list33 sounded better. But now #34list sounds better than #list34, doesn’t it? It’s amazing what you can worry about when there are deadly viruses rampaging the earth, midterm elections coming up in a powerful country, and wars all over the place.
All that is my way of saying that the #34list is on. That is, I am in the process of writing it. Now that I’m almost 1/4 of the way done with being 34. Right??? I know.
It’s getting to be ridiculous, all this dilly-dallying about coming up with the list—so I’ve decided to sit here and write #LIST34 until I come up with all the things. WRITE ALL THE THINGS. Well, all but five. That was our original stipulation—you could leave five items blank on #32list, so that if cool things arose throughout the year, you could add them. (I also feel free to cross things off and replace them whenever I want. I’m not real strict with this whole thing.) Five items out of 32 is about 15%, and 15% of 34 is still about 5 #maybe #math.
So here is my #list34 (minus five things)
- Create #list35 (as you can see, I need to add this into my regular planning)
Finish Washington: A LifeDone! My review is here.
- Finish Les Miserables
- Finish John Adams
- Finish Life-study of Matthew (as you can see, I’m in the middle of too many books)
- Start and finish Life-study of Mark (why not start one more?)
- Perfect and print The Life Binder (more on this at a later date)
- Personal goal (yes, there’s really something behind that)
- Second personal goal (no, really. I have things written down on my phone for these)
- Third personal goal
- NaNoWriMo (which, uh, starts this Saturday. Oh gosh.)
- Query children’s book
- Organize and streamline and get-it-together my Facebook. Or quit. Enough’s enough.
- Read twelve books this year (It need not be “one a month”; the titles mentioned above totally count.)
- Make a quilt?
- Build a standing desk
- Learn Python
- Study French regularly; improve conversation skills (doing this with duolingo at present)
- Visit another state
- Regular, sustained exercise.
Get good shoesDone! And let me just say, this is legit. I was literally (literally literally) shoe shopping for two years and wearing absolutely wretched little flats in the meantime. Flats that gave me all kinds of foot drama. TMI, I know.
- Sort out my personal politics and political allegiances. I have a lot of angst about this, and it needs to get DONE before the presidential election stuff really starts.
- Fourth personal goal
- Visit Yosemite
- Visit The Last Bookstore
- Massive closet purge
- Go through computers and hard drives and curate, clean up, and purge. Too many pictures, documents, and songs I no longer need. Or even know I have
Did I say I was going to write all but five? I meant seven.